Ongoing Training/Job Placement Opportunities
- Careers for a Cause Sponsored by County of LA. Individuals with lived homelessness or justice system experience can get hands on, paid training to kick start a meaningful career in the homeless services sector! Careers for a Cause is an 8-week hybrid training program designed to train and to employ potential participants by providing weekly stipends, case management support, job placement services and more. Open recruitment programs available throughout LA County.
- America's Job Center of California (AJCCs) have locations throughout LA County. “We understand the realities of pursuing a career or starting a business LA County. Whether you are looking to start or enhance your career, launch or expand business, we got you covered! Stop by any of our 19 AJCCs throughout LA County for your employment, training, or business needs. We also continue to offer services virtually or by appointment.”
- Become an In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Provider Are you interested in becoming an In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Provider? Complete the IHSS Provider Orientation online or in-person at an IHSS office. Get started today by calling the IHSS Helpline at 1-888-822-9622.
- The Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN) prioritizes hiring veterans as “battle buddies” and systems navigators to connect their brothers and sisters in need with resources that will help. For more info, call 1-800-854-7771 then press 3 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CalJOBS Employment services including a job search tool, training, educational resources, workshops, and job fairs.
- Jobs at LAX Search job listings at LAX and other airport employers.
- LA Library – Jobs, Money & Small Business This Los Angeles Public Library portal brings together library resources, websites, and referrals to assistance available in-person and by telephone for job seekers, entrepreneurs, and for everyone managing their money.
- Countywide Youth Bridges Program Provides at-risk and disconnected youth with career exposure opportunities within the County of Los Angeles, and provides them with resources such as supportive services and personal enrichment training that will help.
Small Businesses, Nonprofits, & Other Organizations
Funding & Contract Opportunities
- Culver City Performing Arts Grant Program: Grants to non-profit performing arts organizations, based in Los Angeles County, for music, dance and theatre.
Deadline: September 16, 2022
- Community Benefits Grant Program: An innovative partnership between Clean Power Alliance (CPA) and Calpine Energy Solutions. This annual program provides grant funding to organizations working to advance clean energy, green jobs, environmental education and stewardship, and energy equity and diversity in the communities that CPA serves. Deadline: September 16, 2022
- Reconnecting Communities Pilot (RCP) Program Grants: States, counties, cities, tribal governments, and nonprofits. The RCP program will fund projects that reconnect communities by removing, retrofitting, or mitigating infrastructure facilities that have created mobility and economic barriers. $195 million is available in FY 22 for planning or capital construction grants.
Deadline: October 13, 2022
- Vaccinate All 58 Neighborhood Partnership Program (NPP) Grants: The Neighborhood Partnership Program (NPP) is now accepting applications for projects to be completed by December 31, 2022. The NPP team hosts weekly application workshops to answer any questions.
Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Environmental Justice Thriving Communities Technical Assistance Centers (EJ TCTAC) Program: The EPA is partnering with the Department of Energy (DOE) to provide up to $50 million in funding for 5 – 10 centers across the nation supporting underserved communities. The Thriving Communities Centers will provide technical assistance, training, and capacity-building support to communities with environmental justice and energy concerns. This opportunity is available to public and private universities and colleges; public and private nonprofit institutions/organizations; and intertribal consortia. Deadline: October 4, 2022.
- Build Back Better with LA County Contracting Opportunities: With resources from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), LA County is working to partner with community service providers and businesses that can help our communities recover. To learn about current solicitations and contracting opportunities, visit here.
- Thriving Communities Program | US Department of Transportation: This fall the DOT and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will be issuing Notices of Funding Opportunities for organizations interested in providing technical and capacity building assistance. It is expected that states, local governments, nonprofits, and philanthropic entities will be eligible. Learn more.
- California Financing Coordinating Committee: The California Financing Coordinating Committee (CFCC) combines the resources of four State and two Federal funding agencies to provide a one-stop shop for available grants, loans and bond financing for infrastructure projects. Visit https://www.cfcc.ca.gov to explore funding opportunities.
- Community Services Block Grant Serving L.A. County: DPSS provides funding to community-based organizations that can provide you with services such as shelter, domestic violence support, child and family services, senior services and more. Find a Community Services Block Grant funded agency near you at Community Services Block Grant (lacounty.gov).
Do Business with the City/County
- Doing Business with Los Angeles County (lacounty.gov) Register as a vendor. Find contract opportunities. Programs and resources for expanding your services throughout LA County.
- Become a City Vendor – Culver City The City of Culver City welcomes the opportunity to foster business relationships with high-quality suppliers and service providers at the best value for our city. The Purchasing Division is responsible for the procurement of equipment, goods and services for all City departments, divisions and offices.
- Learn How to Contract with LA County with help from The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). Interested businesses can sign up for a tailored assessment by a Small Business Counselor.
Permits & Licenses
- LA County Business LicenseApply for a business license if you plan to operate in unincorporated areas of LA County or the contract cities of Malibu, Santa Clarita, and Westlake Village.
- Start a Business in LA City The LA Business Portal helps you plan, start, manage, and grow your business.
- Start a Business in Culver City Information on the requirements to do business in Culver City. Connect with the Business Resource Center.
- Culver City Business Tax Certificates Obtain a Tax Certificate, FAQs, and other information for businesses operating in Culver City.
- Sidewalk & Park Vendor Permit Program Free workshops, webinars, and business counseling.
- Parklet Permits Parklets are permanent installations to expand outdoor restaurant dining, create a customer waiting area, display art, or plant a garden.
- LA County Online Taxpayer Services Pay property tax and apply for a business license.
- LA City Online Taxpayer Services Forms, tax education, and FAQs.
- Taxpayers' Rights Advocate CA Dep. of Tax and Fee Administration Assistance with rights violations in the audit or collection of taxes or fees.
- Charity Registration & Guidelines Office of the Attorney General Register a charity, submit annual disclosures, learn best practices, and review charitable giving laws.
- Let's Volunteer LA A directory launched by Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti in partnership with Inspiring Services. Nonprofits in LA County can post their information and locals can find places they to volunteer.
- Apply for Tax Exempt Status CA Franchise Tax Board Tools and guidance for charities and nonprofits seeking tax exemptions.
- Tax Guide for Nonprofit Organizations CA Dep. of Tax and Fee Administration A detailed guide to nonprofit tax obligations including information by industry and organization types. Links to other resources.
- CalOSBA Small Business Centers CA (Office of the Small Business Advocate) Small business technical assistance centers in over 30 languages. No-cost one-on-one-consulting and low-cost training services and programs.
- Free Legal Support for Small Business (LA County WDACS) Free legal aid and rent relief to small business owners affected by COVID-19. Visit here or call 1-866-375-9511 to learn more & determine eligibility.
- DIR Small Business Portal (CA Dep. of Industrial Relations) Guidance on workplace laws.
- EDD Employer Services Online Payroll services, eWOTC, and SIDES E-Response.