Are you ready? Tax Season is here and if you made less than $54,000 in 2016 you could qualify for free tax services. Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas, along with the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, invites families making up to $54,000 to attend one of the FREE Tax Assistance Events. Each event will have IRS staff and certified volunteers in tax preparation to help you file your Federal and State tax returns.
Also, if you’re eligible for VITA and TCE programs you may also qualify for federal or state tax credit programs, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, that puts money back into your pockets. This workshop is meant to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit from the tax code and do not leave any resources unclaimed.
This workshop is by appointment only, so make sure to reserve your spot today.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
12 – 3 p.m.
Sunday, April 9, 2017
12 – 3 p.m.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
- Call our Constituent Services Center at 323.291.5441
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Photo ID: Driver License, Passport or State ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents.
- Wages and Earning Statements (Form W-2, W-2G or 1099-R)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Bank Account Routing and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Both Spouses MUST Be Present
- Total Paid for Daycare Provider and their tax identifying number
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.