LA County has seen a rapid increase in Covid-19 cases. I urge everyone in the community that can be vaccinated to get vaccinated against this virus. Getting vaccinated adds an important layer of protection for you, your family, and loved ones. Here are some things you should know about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are very effective at preventing the disease.
- The most common side effects are pain in the arm where you got the shot, feeling tired, headache, body aches, chills, and fever.
- Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools we have available—wearing masks, staying at least 6 feet apart from people who don’t live with you, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, washing your hands frequently, and getting vaccinated.
We want everyone in our community to be safe and get back the moments we’ve missed with our families, friends and neighbors.
We all play a part in this effort, and you are key. Please sign up to get your COVID-19 vaccination at www.VaccinateLACounty.com or carbonhealth.com/covid-19-vaccines/los-angeles
For additional resources regarding FREE Covid-19 vaccinations, testing, and community food distributions visit the links below:
No-Cost COVID Vaccines for EVERYONE Aged 12+:
(Please note that people aged 12-15 years old can only receive the Pfizer vaccine)
Locations vary; limited availability.
- Book an appointment at www.VaccinateLACounty.com or carbonhealth.com/covid-19-vaccines/los-angeles
- To book an appointment at Woori Pharmacy (266 S. Harvard Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004), just call (213) 384-6323. English and Korean (한국어) assistance available all day; Spanish available 9 – 11:30 a.m.
- If you need assistance booking an appointment, call the LA Department of Public Health at (833) 540-0473; available 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily.
- Need a ride? Uber and Lyft are providing free rides to and from vaccination sites. Don't have the app? Call 833-540-0473 to book your ride.
No-Cost COVID Vaccines for Veterans
Locations vary; limited availability
VA Healthcare required; enroll at www.va.gov/health-care/apply/application/introduction
Appointments required at (310) 268-4900
No-Cost COVID Testing
Daily; locations vary
Find a testing site near you at https://coronavirus.lacity.org/testing-center-map
No-Cost COVID Testing at First AME Church of LA
Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
2270 S. Harvard Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Walk-ups welcome, but appointment preferred. Pre-register at bit.ly/aacec-famela
No-Cost COVID Testing at Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund (SALEF)
Wednesdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
421 S Bixel St
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Walk-ups welcome. Results are emailed/texted to you within 24 hours.
COVID-19 Funeral Assistance (Through FEMA)
844-684-6333 | TTY: 800-462-7585
Monday – Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.